Youth Express would like to know your thoughts on civic activism, racism, and policing. First, look up definitions for systemic racism, systematic racism and implicit bias. Then, find a quiet room to record in. Hold your device steady or set it on a stable surface close to you. Turn off all notifications. When you are ready, choose one or more of the prompts to respond to below and start your recording! You can also speak directly from the heart without a prompt. We want to hear your thoughts.
My first name is_____. I am a ___(grade) student at_____(school).
- Systemic racism is_____. Systemic racism impacts people of color in the US by_____.
- Systematic racism is_____. Systematic racism impacts people of color in the US by_____.
- Implicit bias is_____. Bias plays a role in policing by_____.
- The #BlackLivesMatter movement is contentious because_____.
- People can fight racism (locally, state-wide, nation-wide) by_____.
- I plan to address racism by_____.
- My hope for the future would be_____.
With a commentary for Youth Express, this is_____( first name), a _____(grade) student from (neighborhood, city or country).
Having issues recording?
- Check your browser’s pop-up blocker settings and allow Youth Express to run the recording plug-in.
- Check to make sure that Youth Express is allowed to access your device’s microphone.